The Ground Rules of Marketing
These rules are meant for staff members and to the people that will be representing your company where applicable.
- Always keep your promises. If you cannot due to circumstances beyond your control, let the customer know immediately and remedy the situation to the customer's satisfaction. Badly rendered service causes lost income!
- Keep your business simple and professional. Do not burden your customer with your business problems, but always listen attentively should you be told about the bad day that he/she has had!
- Be credible, in other words, be trustworthy. Keep your word.
- Constantly be visible to the customer. Always walk around with your brochure and talk to the customer. Soon everyone will think you are a person that is highly knowledgeable with the subject at hand. Sow seeds!
- Be accessible. Remember this is your own business. If people cannot get in contact with you easily, you lose business.
- People should always find you easy to talk to and quick to help them solve their problems. Be a good listener.
- Be reliable. Always do your best, do what you say you will, if you do not know, go out of your way to find answers. Deliver what you say, when you say you will. Do not let personal problems interfere with your business, be professional and always be on time for an appointment. If you are going to be a little late, let your customer know in advance.
- Build good, friendly relationships with customers. A successful future sale depends on this. People always like to deal with a person that makes them feel welcome and good about themselves and about who they are.
- Send Thank You notes, Birthday cards, Hoe you Get Well Soon notes, Congratulation Notes; it's called relationship marketing. It makes the customer remember you. This one is applicable especially to the people who will bring in the business.
- Follow through on sales. Always ask people if they were satisfied with your services. Ask your customers for referrals, people who might need your services.
- Always correct problems immediately. Happy customers are loyal customers and if they know of other people that need your services, they will not be hesitant to tell them about you.
- If you cannot deliver on time, let your customer know in advance.
- Confirm information, delivery invoices, products and services on time.
We have 145 guests online